Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coolest. Thing. Ever.


Well maybe not THE coolest, but certainly, one of the coolest lately!
That's me! With great hair! Oh and with JODI PICOULT!!! Can you believe it???

I was so excited to meet Jodi Picoult, live and in color this week! I went with a new friend and had a great time! (can't you tell by all the exclamation points, that this wasn't just an ordinary day in the life...?!?)

She did about a twenty minute reading from her new book "Handle with Care" - which you will see on my book list as soon as I start it. I have never been so lucky as to hear an author read their own work. It was inspiring and really brought the story to life.

When it was my turn to be rushed thru the line (thank-you University Bookstore-Mill Creek, you were so prepared for this event - I really hope you read that with sarcasm), get my brand new birthday copy signed (thanks Beast!) and pose for a quick photo (jeez, I'm so cute), Jodi was nothing but sweet to me!

Ah...what a fantastic day!

Be jealous.

3 comments:

"Seattle" Heather said...

I am just in awe over your awesomeness. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the CUTE hair! Just kidding, it must have been so awesome to meet her. I'm very happy for you, that's so cool. Next up, dooce! Yay!

the many Bs said...

okay, i'm jealous. but only cuz you look so darn CUTE! i wish i could be half as photogenic as you - well, it helps to be CUTE!

congrats on your photo op! and autographed book! i will be anxious to hear how you like the book.

p*