Saturday, March 21, 2009

Today...

Today is my birthday, and instead of going on about how depressing it is to get older, or how it just feels like another day, I will take a different route. I would like to allow myself to take a moment to acknowledge some of the things I am accomplishing and that I like about me.

Today, I am a more honest me.
Today, I am a more aware me.
Today, I am a more rational me.
Today, I am a more vulnerable me.
Today, I look fear in the face and am not as scared as I once was.
Today, I recognize my strength.
Today, I am learning to love myself.
Today, I am a more real me.
Today, I give myself permission to just be.

Today, I have hope for more days like today.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Have a fabulous day.

Erin said...

I hope you had a really great birthday. Thank you for inviting Erik and I to celebrate with you! Love you!

Juicey said...

Happy Birthday Dana! Hope you have a fantastic day.

"Seattle" Heather said...

You looked so good on your birthday! I loved your shoes!
Here's to the new you! Cheers!

Erin said...

Oh yeah, what Heather said. Those shoes rocked!

the 4 Bs said...

what an adorable photo of you! you look fabulous, dahling!!!!

happy birthday!!!

p*