Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ode to Bedtime Excuses

Reason for getting out of bed #1: "Mommy, I have to go pee-pee."

*Of course, I let him...but I am onto him. And really, how do you tell him no when you tell him all day long not to go in his big boy underwear? He knows we can't. One point for the little guy.


Reason for getting out of bed #2: "Mommy, I need sip yo water."

*Cliche as it is, he was so groggy and I heard him whimpering to himself over the baby monitor (yes, I am paranoid and still use the monitor--that kid is sneaky) for a couple minutes before he ventured out the the door, so suffice it to say, I was bewitched and allowed the requested sip of my water. Another point for the little guy.



Reason for getting out of bed #3: "Mommy, I need my Nemo pillow."

*The Nemo pillow referenced above is a Finding Nemo bed accent pillow that he has an on-again/off-again relationship with. I let him have the pillow, arranged it for him and tucked him in bed again. Add a point for the little guy.



Reason for getting out of bed #4: "Mommy, I need to tell you I love you."

*I have no words for this one. Definite point for the little guy on this one. Hell, give him two.


So far, its 5 points Boy, 0 points Mommy.

Bonus: the "cute" factor is off the charts.

So I think we just get to call it a draw.

2 comments:

"Seattle" Heather said...

Wow that brought back memories...I think the angels are whispering in the kids ears to teach them that as they slide out of the womb.

Erin said...

I LOVE that you still use the monitor! I still use mine too! I don't know why, I just can't give it up yet. Besides the fact that Erik would totally not wake up on his days without it. I'm just not ready. Maybe when he goes to college I won't make him take it with. But then, maybe I will! Loves!