Friday, January 2, 2009

Excerpt with Wonderful Timing

I have mentioned the book "The Language of Letting Go" by Melanie Beattie once before on this blog. I try my best to read from it on a daily basis, as it's original intention considering its a daily meditation book. Some days the entry is applicable to my life and I am left shaking my head in wonder...other days, not so much. Today is the former, so I am going to share it with you, my bloggy friends. Take from it what you will, as with most things the wisdom is related directly to perception and your interpretation.

January 2: Healthy Limits
Boundaries are vital to recovery. Having and setting healthy limits is connected to all phases of recovery: growing in self-esteem, dealing with feelings, and learning to really love and value ourselves.
Boundaries emerge from deep within. They are connected to letting go of guilt and shame, and to changing out beliefs about what we deserve. As our thinking about this becomes clearer, so will our boundaries.
Boundaries are also connected to a Higher Timing than our own. We'll set a limit when we're ready, and not a moment before. So will others.
There's something magical about reaching that point of becoming ready to set a limit. We know we mean what we say; others take us seriously too. Things change, not because we're controlling others, but because we've changed.

Today, I will trust that I will learn, grow and set limits I need in my life at my own pace. This timing need only be right for me.

And with that, I leave you to ponder.

1 comment: