Friday, October 17, 2008

Honesty

I ran across the following in a book I am reading called "The Language of Letting Go". I am not trying to have anyone read the book or anything like that, but this entry meant something deeply personal to me and I thought I would share since you all mean something deeply personal to me as well.

Being Honest with Ourselves
Our relationship with ourselves is the most important relationship we need to maintain. The quality of that relationship will determine the quality of our other relationships.

When we can tell ourselves how we feel, and accept our feelings, we can tell others.
When we can accept what we want and need, we will be ready to have our wants and needs met.
When we can accept what we think and believe, and accept what's important to us, we can relay this to others.
When we learn to take ourselves seriously, others will too.
When we learn to chuckle at ourselves, we will be ready to laugh with others.
When we have learned to trust ourselves, we will be trustworthy and ready to trust.
When we can be grateful for who we are, we will have achieved self-love.
When we have achieved self-love and accepting our wants and needs, we will be ready to give and receive love.
When we've learned to stand on our own two feet, we're ready to stand next to someone.

Today, I will focus on having a good relationship with myself.

So, my friends, take from that what you will, and thanks for letting me share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear that your taking this to heart. These are some very wise words to live by! Loves~J